Retro Poland by Lukasz Wierzbowski

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Self-taught photographer Lukasz Wierzbowski is obsessed with interiors, props and surroundings. In these photographs, retro apartments in his native Poland provide a backdrop full of colour, bold fabrics and history. The inclusion of nonchalant models give the images a subtle fashion connection, turning a still life in to a story.

"I don't really have much of a background as I'm basically self taught," Wierzbowski explains. "I got introduced to photography by my father when I was 12 but quickly got bored with it. In high school I got into making short movies with VHS camera. I came back to photography few years ago. "

Asked if he uses homely environments for a specific reason, he says, "Actually I try to keep balance between shooting photos in indoors and outdoors surroundings. There is nothing better than a good trip to discover new and interesting places."

"At the same time, I love shooting photos in home environments. I like this certain kind of retro interiors style that is still present in many Polish homes."


Subscribers can view more Still Life Style here.